The Cyber Defense Concentration will focus on topics in cyber security and digital forensics. The students will learn how to fortify computer networks in order to prevent security breaches from cyber terrorists or other intruders. In addition, students will learn how to recover data using digital forensics techniques. Students will also develop strong critical thinking skills and will learn by doing within a hands-on lab environment along with real-world internship experiences.
After completing program requirements, students; will be academically prepared to take the following:
- CompTIA A+Exam
- CompTIA Network+ Exam
- CompTIA Security+ Exam Installing, Configuring, and Administrating Microsoft Desktop Operating System.
However, successful completion of the program does not guarantee a passing score on the certification exam.
General Education Requirements
Note: All courses must be from the Approved Courses for General Education courses for each category listed in the General Education section of this catalog.
- CITC 1302 - Introduction to Networking Credits: 3
- INFS 1010 - Computer Applications Credit Hours: 3
- ENGL 1010 - Composition I Credit Hours: 3
- MATH 1530 - ♦Introductory Statistics Credits: 3
- EDUC 1030 - ♦College and Lifelong Learning Credits: 3
- CISP 1610 - Visual Basic Credit Hours: 4
- CISP 1150 - Essentials of Web Development Credit Hours: 3
- CISP 1290 - Microcomputer Operating Systems Credit Hours: 3
- CPET 2610 - Microsoft Dekstop Operating Systems Credit Hours: 3
- CPET 2560 - Enterprise Security Management Credit Hours: 3
- Elective - Technical Elective Credits: 1
- CISP 2240 - Fundamentals of UNIX/Linux Credit Hours: 3
- SPCH 2300 - ♦Public Speaking Credit Hours: 3
- PHYS 1030 - ♦Introduction to Physics Credit Hours: 4 or
- PSCI 1010 - ♦Physical Science I (Physics and Chemistry) Credit Hours: 4
- CISP 2810 - ♦Computer Forensics Credit Hours: 3
- Elective - Humanities (an approved elective from the general education core) Credits: 3
- Elective - Social/Behavioral Sciences (an approved elective from the general education core) Credits: 3
- CISP 2980 - Computer Science Capstone Credit Hours: 3
- CISP 2580 - Network Security Credit Hours: 3
- CISP 2570 - Secure Electronic Commerce Credit Hours: 3
Additional courses may be required to overcome deficiencies in English, mathematics, and reading.
- CISP 2030 - SQL Fundamentals Credit Hours: 3
- CPET 1540 - CISCO Networking Fundamentals Credit Hours: 3
- CPET 2540 - Windows Directory Services Credit Hours: 3
Total Credit Hours: 60
For Further Information
This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0
Photo Credit Stock.XCHNG